The role of Communication in ICS
ICS stands for Incident Command System—it isFEMA’s basic system for communication during a crisis. It is a standardized approach to magagement that establishes the processes for planning and mangament.
ICS is baded on a chain of command. There is a line of authority that is clear and understandable—one of the perks of ICS.
The Incedent Command System Specifically does many things:
- Gives responses an established coordination
- Establishes a common process for both making plans and managing the many recources that may be needed in a disaster
- Gives an organizes structure the proper facilities and peronall to operate properly
I think that ICS has a major role in communication is that it is very flexible depending on the situation.
The chain of Command is a large part of the ICS. Chain of command is :”An orderly line of authority within the ranks of the incident mamagement organization.
It allows for many things:
- Allows for an Incident Commander to control and direct personal
- Avoids confusion because commands flow from supervisors.
Incident objectives are used to ensure that everyone within the ICS organization has a clear understanding of what needs to be accomplished.
Overall I believe ICS is positive and effective way to communicate within crisis.