Blog #7: Health (Childhood Obesity)
- The tweet I chose to use is about childhood obesity in the United States and the growing rates for 10-17 year olds for the years 2003-2011. This research is based on the National Survey for children’s health.
- As a result of the research taken, The Center for Disease Control and Prevention obesity rates remain high and very common among 2-19 year olds. This data has also shown that states in the south are more common to have higher obesity rates.
- My questions are:
- 1) How was this data collected overall, did they take surveys of children in medical offices?
- 2) Where the number of children polled the same in each state?
- 3) Why do they believe the numbers to be higher in obesity in the south? Could further research be done to prove a correlation?
— Randy Olson (@randal_olson) November 9, 2015